Based in Fife, Scotland, Utility ROV Services is an independent, pro-active ROV service provider specialising in Offshore Renewables, Interconnector, Oil & Gas and Decommissioning industries. We are an energetic and innovative company that design, build and operate our own bespoke UTROV® systems and tooling to support subsea operations. Improving efficiency by controlling its suite of tools directly, the UTROV® provides multi-phase capability, eliminating the requirement to mobilise multiple spreads of equipment with individual teams for one single project. We are seeking a Workshop Technician to assist our technical team based at our head office.
– Assisting with general maintenance of ROV systems – working with UTROV® technicians to carry out routine/post-operation maintenance
– Assisting with load-out of ROV equipment – pre-hire checks and loading onto trucks
– Dealing with goods in/out – accepting deliveries, signing delivery notes, notifying relevant parties of goods received, stowing and labelling incoming goods, packing and labelling outgoing goods
– Organising stores – labelling and stowing ROV equipment and spares
– Keeping workshop clean and tidy – organising tools and consumables, noting damage to equipment, maintenance of premises
– Following company health and safety policies and procedures
– Ensure workshop remains compliant with ISO and OHSAS standards – taking inventories, carrying out workshop checks, running tool-box talks, completing time sheets.
– Understanding and implementation of QHSE procedures throughout the business.
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
– Educated to higher level
Minimum Previous Experience:
– Minimum three years mechanical experience ideally in vehicle or plant
– Forklift licence preferred, or willingness to undertake forklift training. Will be point of contact for forklift operations in the workshop.
– Excellent communications skills
– Team player
– Organised and efficient
– Able to work under minimum supervision