Based in Fife, Scotland, Utility ROV Services is an independent, pro-active ROV service provider specialising in Offshore Renewables, Interconnector, Oil & Gas and Decommissioning industries. We are an energetic and innovative company that design, build and operate our own bespoke UTROV® systems and tooling to support subsea operations. Improving efficiency by controlling its suite of tools directly, the UTROV® provides multi-phase capability, eliminating the requirement to mobilise multiple spreads of equipment with individual teams for one single project.
We are seeking an experienced engineer with a strong mechanical engineering background to work within our engineering team based at our head office.
– Preparation of 2D and 3D detailed design drawings.
– Development of equipment specifications and performance requirements.
– Creation of drawing packages for component manufacture.
– Updating of drawing packages for electrical and hydraulic systems.
– Design of mechanical components and assessment of design suitability using hand calculations.
– Create and maintain supporting documentation including assembly/arrangement drawings, maintenance procedures, operation and equipment operating manuals.
– Modify existing products to meet internal and external customer requirements.
– Scheduling and budgeting of resources.
– Source and select materials to allow for effective design optimisation.
– Prioritising workload to ensure deadlines are met.
– Make cost calculations caused by any changes to the designs and inform the Engineering Manager of these.
– Planning for equipment mobilisations, writing of mobilisation task plans and preparation of required documentation.
– Prepare test and operational procedures, and quality management documentation.
– Follow up on component manufacture and equipment assembly ensuring deliverables are in accordance with the specification and industry best practice.
– Promoting a safe working environment, following and implementing company QHSE requirements.
– Keep accounts of all technical documentation including: Reports, Calculations, Specifications, Parts list, Assembly, Test and Operational Procedures, Manufacturing Data, Risk and failure-mode analyses.
– Technical Liaison with colleagues, clients and suppliers.
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
– Mechanical Engineering degree
Minimum Previous Experience:
– Proficient in the use of 3D / 2D design software (Inventor, Solidworks, AutoCAD and Draftsight).
– Good understanding of hydraulic and electrical systems.
– Strong communication skills – both written and verbal are essential.
– Excellent computer skills and a good understanding of MS Office are essential.
– Commercially aware.
– Previous experience within the offshore industry.
– Knowledge of the standards used for the design and build of equipment for the oil and gas sector is advantageous.
– Good report writing and analytical skills.
– Ability to work in a pressurised environment with a good eye for detail.
– Appropriate initiative, ability work independently when necessary.
– Self-motivated, flexible and reliable with good problem-solving skills.
– Good communications skills.
– Team player.
– Organised and efficient.
– Able to work under minimum supervision.