Based in Fife, Scotland, Utility ROV Services is an independent, pro-active ROV service provider specialising in Offshore Renewables, Interconnector, Oil & Gas and Decommissioning industries. We are an energetic and innovative company that design, build and operate our own bespoke UTROV® systems and tooling to support subsea operations. Improving efficiency by controlling its suite of tools directly, the UTROV® provides multi-phase capability, eliminating the requirement to mobilise multiple spreads of equipment with individual teams for one single project.
We are seeking an experienced engineer with a strong mechanical engineering background to work within our engineering team based at our head office.
• Preparation of 2D and 3D detailed design drawings.
• Development of equipment specifications and performance requirements.
• Creation of drawing packages for component manufacture.
• Updating of drawing packages for electrical and hydraulic systems.
• Design of mechanical components and assessment of design suitability using hand calculations.
• Create and maintain supporting documentation including assembly/arrangement drawings, maintenance procedures, operation and equipment operating manuals.
• Modify existing products to meet internal and external customer requirements.
• Scheduling and budgeting of resources.
• Source and select materials to allow for effective design optimisation.
• Prioritising workload to ensure deadlines are met.
• Make cost calculations caused by any changes to the designs and inform relevant individuals of these.
• Planning for equipment mobilisations, writing of mobilisation task plans and preparation of required documentation.
• Prepare test and operational procedures, and quality management documentation
• Follow up on component manufacture and equipment assembly ensuring deliverables are in accordance with the specification and industry best practice.
• Promoting a safe working environment, following and implementing company QHSE requirements.
• Keep accounts of all technical documentation including: Reports, Calculations, Specifications, Parts list, Assembly, Test and Operational Procedures, Manufacturing Data, Risk and failure-mode analyses
• Technical Liaison with colleagues, clients and suppliers
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
• Mechanical Engineering degree
Minimum Previous Experience:
• Proficient in the use of 3D / 2D design software
• Good understanding of hydraulic and electrical systems
• Strong communication skills – both written and verbal are essential
• Excellent computer skills and a good understanding of MS Office are essential
• Commercially aware
• Previous experience within the offshore industry.
• Knowledge of the standards used for the design and build of equipment for the oil and gas sector is advantageous
• Good report writing and analytical skills
• Ability to work in a pressurised environment with a good eye for detail
• Appropriate initiative, ability work independently when necessary
• Self-motivated, flexible and reliable with good problem-solving skills
• Good communications skills
• Team player
• Organised and efficient
• Able to work under minimum supervision